Capsule Seeks Design Director
The Design Director will lead a team of creative individuals to produce inspiring and engaging content that will meet the needs of Capsule’s widely diverse clients. The perfect candidate should demonstrate a well-established history of creative leadership,
RESPONSIBILITIES, IN A NUTSHELL
- Oversee and direct all creative projects, from concept development to execution. Lead and manage the creative team, including designers and copywriters, to ensure they deliver high-quality and innovative projects.
- This role is hands-on and necessitates active involvement from the Design Director to engage in all graphic design phases including creative ideation and file production. Candidates must possess an advanced level of proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, as well as familiarity with Figma and Sketch.
- Facilitate an environment of collaboration and creativity within the team, ensuring that the team remains motivated and ideas flow freely. Provide creative direction to designers, copywriters and research team members. Lead internal creative reviews and external client meetings.
- Pitch and present innovative work to clients, including branding, UX/UI design and strategy, packaging design, campaigns, visual identity, research, naming, brand strategy and more.
- Collaborate extensively with fellow members to ensure that the creative strategy is in sync with the specified goals and scope of the project. Work together with the experience strategist to create project schedules, define project priorities, and prepare project planning materials.
- Keep abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and competitive landscapes to continuously refine and evolve Capsule’s creative strategy.
- Work closely with the business development team and experience strategists to assist in drafting proposals and project orders for both new and existing clients. Oversee vendor relationships for various projects such as website development, packaging engineering, structural design, printing, and more.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or a related field.
- 6+ years of professional design experience at an agency, in a freelance capacity or similar depth of experience
- Strong portfolio showcasing broad creativity, a variety of project types, and a deep understanding of branding.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills.
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite and other relevant design software.
- Strong understanding of branding, packaging design, UX/UI design, digital marketing, and other design applications.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive problem-solver with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines.
Interested? Send your resume and a little bit about you to Rachel Dille at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Capsule is based in Minneapolis, MN and is currently working in a hybrid office/at home environment.
Capsule is an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity and practice empathy and are committed to inclusion in all forms. Only candidates with the requested experience will be considered. Candidates who are not US citizens or permanent residents must have authorization to work in the US before applying.
No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
Capsule has refused to adopt a descriptor since 1999. We’ve worked extensively with companies in the outdoor industry as well as those whose employees seldom venture into the light of day. We’ve strategized for billion dollar industries and nonprofits. Conducted research for brands both big and small. We’ve given new faces to startups and face-lifts to businesses over a century old. We’ve named everything from apples to office chairs. Rebranded schools and orchestras. Crafted experiences for grocery stores and Super Bowls. Our refusal to limit our work to one specific industry, combined with the satisfaction we find from solving problems that others avoid, has earned us a long list of partners over the last 21 years. So if you asked us to describe Capsule in a word, we guess our word would be “We can’t.”
Clients we’ve grown with include Patagonia, Kwik Trip, Mattel, Minnesota Orchestra, Medtronic, Cargill, Gerber, Hydro Flask, Red Wing Shoes, The Honest Company, Yakima, Herman Miller, Caribou Coffee, Pepsi and Smartwool.
Capsule’s passion for designing authentic, meaningful moments for brands and our clients extends to the way we design our employee experience. Below are just a few perks of working at Capsule.
- Retirement savings plan with 3% match after one year of Capsule employment
- Health and dental plan with no premium cost to employee, health savings account option
- 9 paid company holidays, PTO that rolls over, summer Fridays
- Built-in, quarterly bonus program tied to company performance
- Hybrid, flexible working environment with suggested in-office time, and the ability to design for your day
- Ability to travel for client engagements, tradeshows, conferences and other learning opportunities
- Open communication channels, transparency and feedback with company partners
- Plentiful opportunities for internal and client-facing leadership
- Vibrant, creative office working environment in the Northeast Minneapolis Arts District
- Regular team bonding events, extracurricular groups and volunteer opportunities